Sunday, October 9, 2011

80's K-Mart Ads

Dolly magazine April 1988
Dolly magazine February 1988
Dolly magazine October 1986
Dolly magazine November 1988
Dolly magazine June 1988

As promised about a million years ago, here's my selection of K-Mart ads from some Dolly's.  I've been a bit busy with study/work, but I will try and post some more images asap.  I love a bit of low-brow images from my favourite decade, and K-Mart ads certainly fit the bill.  I love the 1986 ad, it's a bit more colourful and carefree compared with the '88 ads, although the 'teen idol' ad is a bit arty for K-Mart I think with its soft focus/black and white look.

9 comments:

  1. Oh yar! These a fab-bloody-wonderful...hee hee I love the on-som that looks like pJ'S!!!

    Where did you find this!! LOL thanks, enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...black & white striped leggings were a must! Any idea who won Dolly Cover Girl comp in 1987 & 1988? Found your blog in my search for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm had a scour through my collection, and I'm not sure about '87, but the face of '88 was Kate Fischer who became notorious for being engaged to James Packer I believe..

    And to Miss Prudence, I just *knew* you'd appreciate this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you got any with Jason Donovan in them?
    My friend from school went out with Jason for a while when he was modelling for Kmart or Target....circa 1984 I think? Pre neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I'll have to have a look - I absolutely adored Jason Donovan when I was a little kid...so I'll have to do a dig around.

      Delete
  5. can anyone remember the teenage blonde modelling sisters of the 80s? one was paris i think ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was only just wondering what happened to them the other day

      Delete
  6. Thanx God 4 80's still alive in 2020

    ReplyDelete